This is the LaSalle Bank building adjacent to the Somerset shopping center in Troy, Michigan. I stopped by to get my watch battery changed at the Fossil Store after attending some "professional" training. I could do a whole post about that training. Sigh.Anyway, I had my spare camera with me, and I have always loved this building. It screams "evil empire headquarters." It belongs in RoboCop or in any establishing shot before you watch the scene with the bad guys all plotting around a table. It's all futuristic and ominous. Wonderful. I snapped this picture rather hastily, as I was being a bit conspicuous, and in this post-9/11 world, you never know when someone will Tase you for photographing a building.
OK, now I have to go to bed.
1 comment:
I love it!
Dale has been hassled for photographing buildings in Chi-town!
Dale carries copies of the CTA's policies (the CTA employees always bitch him out for taking photos on the platforms) and he carries some law firm's photographer's rights list in PDF form: http://krages.com/phoright.htm
He got into it with the production assistants during the filming of Angelina Jolie's movie in Chicago. They told him it was a private set (though they were filming on a public street) and that they would have him arrested (!!) for taking photos of their lighting rig (ha!) so he told them they didn't know what they were talking about and he walked directly over to a cop sitting in a police car and asked the cop if he would arrest him for taking photos on a public street and the cop told him to ignore the Hollywood people! We felt most triumphant.
Post a Comment